Team Taussig

We are a homeschooling, outdoor loving, adventure seeking family of 5. We love to be active and we actively seek to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Homeschooling Curriculum Thoughts

I recently signed up for the local homeschooling conference- It is the CHEC (Chrisitian Home Educators of Colorado). Best part...It was free because my oldest is not 5 yet. I am super excited as R.C. Sproul Jr. is the keynote on a couple of the days. Recently with my extra time I have been contemplating curriculum for next year and here is where I am...

Isabelle- Kindergarten 4/5

  • Handwriting-Handwriting Without Tears
  • Phonics and Literature- Mommy Teach Me to Read---I never thought I would look at a Montessori approach but the more I know about it, the more the myths about it have been debunked and I love it. They have great literature and activity ideas. On the other side for I will be doing a bit of Mommy Teach Me with Eve who will be 2/3 next school year.
  • Phonics and Literature-All About Reading Pre-1 (Just looking into it)
  • Science- I have thought about doing My Father's World but I am starting to stray away. I am not sure an umbrella curriculum fits my style or needs. I think I may end up doing theme based kindergarten and developing it based on Usborne and a couple of Science Explore books I have.
  • Math-Right Start Math
  • Writing because Writing and Handwriting are NOT the same thing :)- Just pushing my pet peeve.- Journalling 
  • Bible-
  • Memory Verse- AWANAS ???- We have been doing it this year and Isabelle loves it but we will have to see if it fits in with our family needs next year.
  • Character Development- Accountable Kids (I am going to take a look at it, at the conference
  • PE-Family Time Fitness ???? We want to do something as Isabelle loves to be active.
Well there is a glance at my brain in regards to homeschooling curriculum. 

1 comment:

Dr. Dolly (@drdolly) said...

love these photos, allycia! what curriculum for writing/letter tracing would you recommend for calvin (he turns 4 in october).