
Well we have finished our first 2 weeks as parents. I have got to tell you that nothing in my life has been as fulfilling. I remember the day that I got married and the joy and love I felt for Jason on that day and to be honest on the day of Isabelle's birth I loved him more . I was talking to Jason's friend from college, Chris and he made a statement that his wife's mother had not known that she loved her husband so much until the day that her
daughter was born. I could not agree more. The way Jason looked at Isabelle made my heart melt. I did not think that my heart had much more room to love in it especially where it was hardened with life experience, but it does. Each day I look at Jason and Isabelle and my heart's capacity grows. Funny enough at 3am when she wakes me for a feeding, which she eats like a 7 course meal and then acts like she wants to go out on the town afterward, I find myself not frustrated as much as amazed and in love. Life slows down and speeds up all at once. My days have changed in 2 short weeks from see how much you can get done off your "to do list" to loving naps in the sun, cuddling with my family in bed, and singing songs that I made up about poo. Being a mom is such a gift!On another note, having Isabelle around Christmas also made me even more aware of the sacrifice that God made sending His only son to die for us. I got to tell you...I would be more than hesitant to put my daughter on the chopping block for someone else. God's love is plentiful and amazing!
This the link to our online nursery
http://www.growingfamily.com/webnursery/babypage.asp?UrlID=1D0M0C1X1O.
1 comment:
That was beautiful Allycia! As you already know...I can't wait to start a family myself. I can't begin to imagine how you must feel! Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment