Team Taussig

We are a homeschooling, outdoor loving, adventure seeking family of 5. We love to be active and we actively seek to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

Monday, December 25, 2006

Welcoming Isabelle Katherine Taussig




Well she is here. I went into labor, that was erratic, about 9 hours after Jason got home from being snowed in at the airport. We went to the hospital at 5:00 am and I was 1 cm dilated without consistent contractions, which by the way were somewhat consistent when I was not being monitored. I went home and from the time that we got in the car to leave the hospital I had contractions lasting from 30 sec- 1:30 min spread out by 12 minutes to 3 minutes. At 4 pm I started having really bad contractions that were radiating down my leg across my back and into my butt. We had plans for my family to celebrate Christmas at 6 and at 8 I was in so much pain I had to cancel. We called the Dr. and headed down to the hospital. We got there at 9 ish and by then I was having contractions 5 minutes apart at the longest and lasting over 1 minute. They checked me and I was still dilated 1 cm after an entire day. I was having labor that would not progress. Well after the help of modern medicine and13.5 hours later at 10:25 am on Dec. 23 2006 we were blessed with a 6lb 14oz baby girl. God is so good!!!!!

3 comments:

The Janiszewski's said...

She is so precious! What a sweety..I can't wait to see her!

Dr. Dolly (@drdolly) said...

Steve & I are praying for Isabelle. The entire congregation & Sabbath School prayed for her this morning. God bless.

The Janiszewski's said...

We want more! We want more! Can't you hear me chanting:)