Team Taussig

We are a homeschooling, outdoor loving, adventure seeking family of 5. We love to be active and we actively seek to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Holiday Blizzard 2006

For those of you who have not yet heard or do not reside in the beautiful state of Colorado, we are having a blizzard. This is actually a funny thing. Since Jason works at the airport and he is stuck there. His car is snowed in and we are snowed into the house. This makes for an interesting situation when you are 38 weeks pregnant which means that I could go into labor anytime or it could be weeks. Jason has been calling for hourly updates to make sure I am keeping the baby in. During the last Blizzard in 2003 I was snowboarding off of the cars and snowshoeing around, but due to my current status, it would not be a good idea to participate in those activities. Maybe next time! Thankfully I am not weathering the storm alone. Jason had foresight on this event and so my Mom and Lyle are staying with me. They have been shoveling the walks as best as they can and have been keeping me company. I know what you are thinking...Maggie is great company, but during a winter storm she is a weenie dog and hates to be cold so it is nice to have other people to talk with. Hopefully the snow will stop by today, Thursday 12/21 at noon and we can make some headway on be accessible so Jason can come home. He is going to make the trek at 4:00 with a generous co-worker with 4WD.

No comments: